The Heller Wagner Grist Mill

Hellertown Historical Society

The Heller Wagner Grist Mill is one of the oldest landmarks in Hellertown. Simon Heller, second son of Christopher Heller, received a land grant from Thomas and Richard Penn in 1746. In 1761, Simon Heller received a second land grant from the Penns. It is believed Simon Heller erected a sawmill on the second tract in the 1760’s.

After several owners, Christopher Wagner purchased the sawmill and both tracts in 1772. For the next 142 years the sawmill, and eventually a grist mill, bore the Wagner name. In 1875, the mill was remodeled with the addition of water turbines. The grist mill operated into the 1950’s. The Borough of Hellertown took ownership in 1965.

COMMUNITY EVENTS

Latest Information
Hellertown Historical Society